Who qualifies for membership?
· Aflac WWHQ employees
o Employee Spouse
o Employee Dependent Minor Children
· Aflac Licensed Agents with ACTIVE writing numbers
o Agent Spouse
o Agent Dependent Minor Children
How to become a member of the Aflac Federal Credit Union?
Membership packets are mailed upon request and must be mailed back with a copy of each account owner’s drivers license, social security card, proof of address if physical address listed on drivers license is not up to date, and a $6.00 check or money order made payable to Aflac Federal Credit Union. There is a onetime $1.00 membership fee and required minimum balance of $5.00.
· Agents a payment authorization form will be included in the membership packet to select a dollar amount or percentage to be deducted from your monthly statement.
Members are allowed up to six savings withdrawals per month and withdrawal requests are sent via USPS (no charge) or overnight by UPS (members are responsible for UPS fee) the same business day if requested before 3:30 EST.
Can the Credit Union do electronic transfer?
We are not set up to do electronic transfer at this time.
Once a savings account is established, loan application can be emailed via Docusign. Once the loan is approved, loan payments are taken directly from the monthly statement. If the monthly statement has a debit balance anytime during the duration of the loan, members are responsible to mail the loan payment directly to the Credit Union via check or money order in a timely manner.
· Home Office Employee’s will need to submit their most recent pay stub.
· Agents will need to submit their last years tax return. We need the 1040 and the schedule C of your tax return.
How do I change my deductions?
· Home Office Employee: Contact us by phone or email and advise of change.
· Agents: Complete a Payment Authorization form and email or fax to the credit union. This form is located under the forms tab.
Christmas Club (Home Office Employees):
The first deduction will be on October 31st and the final deduction will be October 15th of the next year. Interest for Christmas club is 5.5%. Accounts closed during the year will forfeit all accrued dividens, and a two week notice is required for closing withdrawals. Deposits can only be taken through Aflac payroll deduction, and the maximum deposit amount will be $1,000.00 per pay day.
8:30 AM - 5:30 PM EST
1932 Wynnton Road
Columbus, GA 31999
1104 Lockwood Avenue
Columbus, GA 31906
1-800-4 AFLAC U (423-5228)
or (706) 596-3239
Fax: (706) 323-6046